As we trust we have been brought by divine grace to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ and by the influence of his Spirit to give ourselves up to him; so, we do now solemnly covenant with each other:
- That, God, enabling us we will walk together in brotherly love.
- That, we will exercise a Christian care and watchfulness over each other, and faithfully build up, encourage, rebuke, admonish, and discipline one another as the case shall require.
- That we will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, nor omit the great duty of prayer, both for ourselves and for others.
- That, we will participate in each others joys and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each others burdens and sorrows.
- That, we will earnestly endeavor to bring up such as may be under our care in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- That we will seek Divine aid to enable us to walk circumspectfully and watchfully in the world, denying ungodliness and every worldly lust.
- That we will strive together for the support both temporally and spiritually for a faithful evangelical ministry among us.
- That we will endeavor by example and effort to win souls to Christ,
- And through life, amidst evil report and good report, seek to live to the glory of Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light,
- And may the Great Head of the church enable us to keep and perform this solemn covenant.